Freitag, 18. Dezember 2015

Realization on Delhi Bus - Importance of Education


Fresh in Delhi after staying for many years in Europe i was completely relying on the metro system for travel. Metro system of delhi has better frequency than any rail systems i have seen in world be it of Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Barcelona, Vienna or Budapest. I think our metro system is among the best in world and i found that colour identification of route has been taken from Italy(Milan).

Nevertheless to feel at home, I decided to explore the bus system also :-) . Although metro was available i queried for the bus for my route and soon boarded it. Bus was fairly crowded and was barely able to move and was stuck around conductor seat. Had recently got some food coupons from my company and they were in my pocket along with one ten rupee bill. With great difficulty i purchased a ticket for Rs 5 and kept ticket and change(coins) in pent pocket. I asked something about the route from a traveller but he looked perturbed and didn't reply anything which was strange. They were around 3-4 people together and deboarded at next stop. 

Some time later after many people had deboarded and bus was somewhat less occupied, i noticed some papers on bus floor. On closer look i found that they were the food coupons i had in my pocket. I picked them from the floor and found all to be intact. I was able to connect the dots now. The person whom i had enquired was actually a picpocketer. With his one hand he was holding the railing and with the other hand on his chest hidden behind the other hand he emptied my shirt's pocket. However after fleecing my shirt he found just worthless papers and threw them on bus floor with disgust. Wish i had some currency notes too so that he would not have thought me as Kangla (One with no money :P ). Since it was morning i wasted his “boni” too :) (No english word for it, Its a belief in rural India that if your first task is failure you will meet failure the whole day). 

However if he was educated and would have known that using food coupons he could have got excellent food or could have even sold them for money. He had the skills of theft but no education and he lost this deal. I feel sorry for you dear friend. Wish i had some currency notes for you :). Anyways get educated and leave this profession :-)

P.S : Some afterthoughts.
1. If you realise that you are being fleeced in Delhi buses dont react impatiently. They are in group and may attack you. Just move away from them and raise alarm.








 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen