Sonntag, 6. Dezember 2015

Who is drinking Whom

Few months ago in Germany, i was on travelling spree and Budapest was to be my next destination. It was after work on a friday evening and i reached the bus stand with my lugagge for my next 2 days trip. As there was not much time for a proper dinner i decided to buy some fruit juices and bread to satisfy my hunger. I rushed for the nearby Indian shop and quickly selected my goods and stood at the counter for my turn for billing.

A person was ahead in queue and i remembered the face as familiar one. However i soon dismissed these thoughts and concentrated on on my travel plans and my bus which was to depart in next few minutes. The person ahead of me bought beer (Yes unlike India, Alcohols are sold in local general stores) . When he was being billed he offered all the money in coins of small denominations. Looking at the unique nature of his payment it immediately striked to me that he is the begger who begs near the Frankfurt railway station.

Once the identity of person was clear to me i wondered, this person begs all day and in the evening spends all the money (or a major portion) on alcohol. He tries to emulate an object of pity in order to invoke compassion and in night he uses the money earned in this manner on alcohol. Alcohol today has made him an object of compassion. He thinks he is drinking alcohol but its the alcohol which is actually drinking him. I wondered “Who is drinking whom”.




In India too we have many such people especially in the lower income groups who spend most of their hard earned income. A man toils all day only to fritter away the hard earned money in this manner. Yesterday morning on noticing that my Rikshaw puller was drunk even in early morning i told him, do you know this is harmful for health. He said “Bhaiya sab jaante hain lekin ab chodi nahin jaati” (Sir, everybody knows that it is harmful but i cant leave it now). These habits once acquired dont leave a man easily.( offcourse supreme will power can achieve anything).



Man seeks everything for happiness and he mistakenly believes that alcohol gives him happiness. Some people start acting as life gurus and advice young men to enjoy and drink. However on close look there is no happiness in it. Once one of my friend was heavily drunk and spent his whole night in bathroom vomiting. When i saw him during middle of night, his face was inside bathroom pot. Another one got intense desire to urinate, opened his wardrobe and urinated on his clothes :). I have also seen countless friends promising to never drink again when their head reels in hangover only to realise that they are helpless against this vicious habit.

A person with weak will power remains a slave to his instincts and can not realise the purpose of his human existence and forever remains bound to the world. I would like to ask young men reading this to be aware of the harms of Alcohol. Not only it takes away your hard earned money, it takes something much precious that is your enthusiasm and health. With good health and cheerful mind, my friends you can win the whole world. With control on yourself happiness is yours at all times. 

P.S : This post has not been written with an intention to offend anyone but my intention behind this is to to show the true picture of an alcoholic naked of all glory, that sometimes is imagined. This glorification is especially harmful for my young friends who are the future of my country and also our existence on earth.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen